Ran my first physical table last weekend. It was tiring, but it was also a blast – I got to talk with a lot of different people about what they like and don’t like about games, and those people got to play Alcarys Complex (if they wanted to). Some of them found bugs, which I’ve attempted to address.
- Made fixes to the way message box positioning is handled. Changes to message position constants were not initially made across all systems, resulting in some boxes popping up, for example, in the middle of the screen when they should be at the bottom.
- Fixed a bug in movement where hitting a diagonal stair in the right way would allow the player to “break” the stair contacts, resulting in diagonal movement when not on diagonal stairs. This was due to overly restrictive collision conditionals.
Raw devlog data below.
23 – 29 feb: Release Candidate 2 0.7.2546 – 0.7.2577
- fixed a bug in message display where setting the Message Position to “Bottom” would position the message box in the middle of the screen.
- fixed a bug in movement where hitting a diagonal stair in the right way would allow the player to “break” the stair contacts.
- fixed a small bug in speed of diagonal movement
- swapped the MIDDLE and BOTTOM constants for messages (forgot to do this)
- fixed various tiling errors in Prisma and Corvallis’s house
- fixed a bug where corvallis was allowed to move during certain NPC dialogue during scene 4
- fixed a bug in banter shell arrow transparency
- standardized “message_position” (the majority of them were using values instead of constants, making setting message position problematic).
- implemented the first radio scene (viewpoints/robert westburgh)
- fixed various radio implementation errors
- fixed banter boxes so that they can be variable height (this is for the radio).